In the National Foundation for Australia China Relations’ inaugural grant round, over $4 million was awarded to projects for activities here and in greater China.
The grants support a range of activities including:
- building business capability and resilience, especially for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs)
- strengthening engagement in health and ageing
- cultural and scientific exchanges
- activities which celebrate Australia’s diverse communities
- support for Chinese speaking international students.
A bi-lingual mental well-being app developed to support Chinese international students’ mental health and study experience - University of Sydney
A dementia training program for Chinese language carers across Australia and greater China – Flinders University
Support for the establishment of the Chinese Museum of Australia in Haymarket Sydney in the development of its inaugural exhibition celebrating the contributions of Chinese Australians to Australia
A China Digital Economy Academy to build capability of SMEs to understand and engage with China’s digital economy – AsiaLink